What if I disagree with the assessor’s value?

If after receiving your market value notice, you believe your property or classification is incorrect, call the Edina Assessing Office at 952-826-0365.

If you disagree with your current value, collect any information you have to show why you believe your estimated market value or classification is incorrect, such as a recent appraisal of your property, recent sales of similar properties, etc.

Then, contact the City of Edina Assessor’s Office at 952-826-0365. This step must be accomplished according to the timeline set forth in the market value notice.

Next Steps

Complete an application to attend the local Board of Appeal and Equalization meeting identified on your value notice. Staff will help you with this process. You must start with your local board.

If your concern still is not resolved at the local level, you may then proceed to the County Board of Appeal and Equalization meeting.

Then, if your concern is still not resolved, you may petition the Minnesota Tax Court. Tax Court Petitions may be filed after you receive your value notice and before April 30 of the year the taxes are payable.

For more information, contact the Minnesota Tax Court at 651-539-3260 or MN Relay at 800-627-3529.

Show All Answers

1. Who are City appraisers and what are their credentials?
2. What is market value?
3. What does the Assessor's Office do?
4. What is the difference between 'Estimated Market Value' and 'Taxable Market Value'?
5. How does my property value affect my property taxes?
6. What if I disagree with the assessor’s value?
7. Can I pay my property taxes at City Hall?
8. I just moved into a home. Who do I speak to about homesteading?