If I’m in a car accident, do I need to call the police?
You need to call 911 if there are any injuries or if public property is damaged in the accident. Police do not have to be called for minor property damage accidents. You are required to file a report with the State if the total damage between both vehicles exceeds $1000. The State form is available in the Police Department lobby and online at Minnesota Motor Vehicle Accident Report (PDF).

Show All Answers

1. How can I get fingerprinted?
2. Does the City have an alarm policy?
3. Do you allow soliciting in Edina?
4. If I’m in a car accident, do I need to call the police?
5. I received a citation. How do I pay it or contest it?
6. Is there a curfew for juveniles in Edina?
7. How do I get property back or contact the lost and found?
8. How can I get a copy of a police or accident report?
9. I want to thank an officer or Police staff member. How do I do that?
10. Can I file a complaint online against a police officer or other Edina Police Department member?
11. How do I properly dispose of medication?
12. Are there any predatory offenders in the community, and where do they live?
13. Where can I report elder abuse?
14. Where can I get help for domestic abuse?
15. May I park on the street in the winter?
16. How can I make a donation to help prevent crime in Edina?