Pedestrian & Bicycle Master Plan
Edina is preparing a new Pedestrian & Bicycle Master Plan.
The City has hired Community Design Group (in association with SEH) to work with City of Edina staff and decision makers to conduct a public engagement process, review existing policy and plans, develop a vision and guiding principles, make recommendations and prepare a Master Plan document to guide the future development of non-motorized infrastructure in Edina.
The project will result in recommendations regarding location, type, management and maintenance of facilities; citywide policy; education, encouragement and outreach; and, implementation and funding opportunities. The project will include meetings with the public, City elected and appointed officials, and local pedestrian and bicycle experts.
The Draft Pedestrian and Bicycle Master Plan is ready for review!We've been working since spring of 2017 to develop a new plan to guide how Edina prioritizes and invests in walking and bicycle improvements for the next 10 years. The City of Edina will hold two public hearings, where there will be opportunities for the public to speak to elected and appointed officials about the Draft Master Plan. Below are the dates/times for those public hearings, as well as a link to the revised Draft Pedestrian and Bicycle Master Plan documents. Please send questions/comments to Mark Nolan at MNolan@EdinaMN.gov.
Public Hearings (both will be held at Edina City Hall):
- Planning Commission - Wednesday, February 14 at 7 p.m.
- City Council - Wednesday, February 21 at 7 p.m.
Draft Master Plan (PDF)Hundreds of Edina residents have provided their comments and guidance to the project team. These comments and guidance will help inform the plans vision, goals, recommendations and priorities.
Appendix A: Infrastructure Toolkit (PDF)
Appendix B: Public Engagement Report (PDF)
Residents participated at in-person meetings and Pop-Up workshops, or by using the plan's online tools.
- Kick-Off Workshop: Held at the Edina Senior Center Fireside Room from 6-8 p.m. Thursday, July 13.
- Pop-Up #1 Meeting: Held at the Edina Farmer's Market from 3-7 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 17. Read the comments.
- Pop-Up #2 Meeting: Held at Jerry's Foods, from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Friday, Aug. 18. Read the comments.
- Pop-Up #3 Meeting: Held at Bredesen Park, from 9-11 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 19. Read the comments.
- Listening Session: Held with ninth- and 10th-grade students of Edina Senior High Wednesday, Sept. 20.
- Open House: Held at the Edina Senior Center Fireside Room from 6-8 p.m. Wednesday, December 6. Read the comments.
Online engagementOnline survey: Since July more than 650 people have provided their comments and idea regarding priorities for Edina. See a report.
- Wikimap: More than 200 residents have used the plan's interactive online map to provide over 300 comments on current and desired walking and biking routes in the city.