Rights-of-Way Management

The City of Edina carefully manages its right of ways. Before beginning work in a right of way, a utility company must first:

  • Email Graduate Engineer Zuly Marquez or call her at 952-826-0322 to begin the planning process. She will assist you with County section maps, as-builts of City utilities (water, sanitary and storm sewers) and other information you might require.
  • Complete the annual registration application. All registrations must be updated annually by September 1.
  • Submit the annual registration, certificate of insurance and bond to:
    Graduate Engineer Zuly Marquez
    City of Edina Engineering Department
    7450 Metro Boulevard
    Edina, MN 55439
  • City staff will process registration packets within five days and will then contact you.
  • Submit the permit application. All permit applications will require application fee paid in full prior to the issuance of a permit.
  • City staff will process the permit within three days and contact you regarding specific requirements.

Restoration must be completed per Chapter 24 Article III Section 24-54 of the Edina City Code.

As-Built Drawings

Submit as-builts after completion of work. As-builts must be submitted in hard copy format along with an electronic version in ArcView (shape file). These drawings must be submitted annually by September 1 for all prior-year work.

Online Permits

As of January 1, 2007, the Engineering Department is now receiving their right-of-way permits through an online application named ROWay designed by First Scribe. Visit ROWay to register with the City to do work within the right-of-way and submit a utility permit.

You can also view the Permit Activity Map and learn about excavations in or near your neighborhood.