Flooding and Drainage
- Actions for Flood Resilient Homes – common actions to reduce your exposure and vulnerability to flooding.
- Overview Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Flood Insurance Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Home Drainage Basics Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Sump Pumps Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Sanitary Backflow Prevention Devices Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Dry Floodproofing Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Wet Floodproofing Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Pumping Guidance Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Rain Gardens Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Shoreline Restoration Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Floodproofing Accessory Structures and Yards Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Reducing Risk as a Renter or Condo Owner (PDF)
- Self-service floodplain and flood-prone area information – property information, residential permit requirements, elevation information, and helpful guidance and forms.
- Floodplain Districts Overlay ordinance
- Guidance for residential floodplain development (PDF)
- Elevation Certificate
- No-Rise Certificate (PDF)
- Find a Surveyor (Bing Maps)
- Interactive water resources map - find Ordinary High Water Level (OHWL) and Outlet Elevation information.
- Still need help? Contact Jessica Wilson, Certified Floodplain Manager, at jwilson@EdinaMN.gov or 952-826-0445.
Water Resources Planning
- 2018 Comprehensive Water Resources Management Plan - the City’s guide for delivery of flood protection, runoff management, and clean water services.
- Minnehaha Creek Watershed District operates the Gray’s Bay Dam to manage the flow of Minnehaha Creek. Review their plan as well as historical and real-time data at minnehahacreek.org.
- 1908 map of Edina (PDF), "An ill-drained glaciated area, part of Minneapolis."