A petition is used by residents to ask the Edina City Council to consider the following types of improvements:
  • Alley pavement
  • Another improvement you describe (called "other" on the petition form)
  • Curb and gutter only (without permanent street surfacing)
  • Permanent street surfacing with curb and gutter
  • Sanitary sewer
  • Sidewalks
  • Storm sewer
  • Street lighting
  • Water main
For planning purposes, when a petition is received by the City Council and forwarded to the Engineering Department for completion of a feasibility study, this process could take up to two years.

Contact Information

For more information, call the Engineering Department at 952-826-0371, or the City Clerk at 952-826-0408.