Park and Play
GOLF COURSES AND PRACTICE AREAS ARE OPEN!
The City of Edina and Braemar Golf Course feels it’s important to support public health and safety initiatives. So, to adhere to the social distancing requirement while allowing our customers to enjoy the outside and play golf, we’ve created this list of measures to implement a “Park and Play” program at Braemar Golf Course.
The Park and Play program gives you the confidence that you can drive to Braemar, park your car, get to and around the course, and back to the parking lot in as safe an environment as possible. These measures align with the Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) “social distancing” and sanitation practices and have been reviewed and approved by a physician at the Infectious Diseases Society of America.
Special Hours In Effect: Business hours 6:00 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Key Points to Know
- Green fees must be pre-paid 6 p.m. the day before your tee time
- Unpaid same day tee time reservations will be released 30 minutes prior to the tee time
- Braemar Golf Course has implemented a temporary golf cart policy in order to adhere with proper social distancing requirements. Click here for details
- Range buckets must be purchased in advance the day of your practice
- You can purchase a pre-paid Range Key which is the quickest and easiest way to avoid call wait times and get out to practice. For additional information and to purchase, click here.
- Scorecards are available on holes 2 and 11 on the Championship 18 course and on hole 1 on the Academy 9 course. You can also print your own Championship 18 can be found here and the Academy 9 can be found here or download our app.
- Please note that the lower level of the main clubhouse remains closed.
See below for important details on play or practice. Golfers must follow these to be allowed to play.
Before Coming to the Course
- If you are sick or feeling ill in any way, do not come to the course.
- Braemar Golf Course has implemented a temporary golf cart policy in order to adhere with proper social distancing requirements. Click here for details.
- Book your tee time online. Tee times cannot be made in person or by phone.
- Tee times must be paid by credit card in advance by calling (952) 903-5750 by 6 p.m. the day before your tee time. Unpaid tee times will be released to the public after the deadline.
- The golf shop is open for retail sales only from 6 a.m. - 8 p.m. daily.
- Club rentals are not available at this time.
At the Golf Course
- Check in with starter, keeping appropriate social distance, and proceed to the first tee.
- Check in with the Cartmaster in front of the golf shop if you rented a golf cart or push cart.
- Use social distancing as much as possible from your playing partners.
- We have increased tee time intervals to spread players out on the course.
- Players should leave the pin in the cup at all times. Any ball that crosses the diameter of the cup or hits the flagstick should count as holed. “Gimmies” are encouraged.
- Do not pick up playing partners’ bags, clubs, balls or golf equipment at any time.
- Ball washing stations, water stations and trash cans have been removed from the golf course.
- Bunker Rakes have been removed from the course and a temporary local rule permits you to lift, clean and place your golf ball within any bunker on the course. Smooth the sand with your feet when you can.
After Your Round
- Please dispose of any trash in the clubhouse receptacles.
- Do not shake hands with your fellow golfers after your round. A wave, nod or thank you make great substitutes.
- Please go directly to your cars when are done, practicing proper social distancing.
- If a cart was rented, please first drop your clubs off in your vehicle, then bring cart to the designated area.
Driving Range and Outdoor Practice Areas
- Golfers must keep at least 6 feet away from other golfers at all times.
- Do not touch, move or pick up clubs or golf balls belonging to another person.
- Flags have been removed from the practice putting area.
- Use only designated stalls on the driving range. Mats have already been removed from the teeing area to promote social distancing.
- Buckets of balls must be paid in advance day of as your pin for your bucket of balls will expire at the end of the day.
In addition to the measures above, we are:
- Increasing the frequency of routine cleaning, sanitation and disinfection of all common and high-traffic areas and frequently touched surfaces
- Providing sanitation stations next to ball dispensers
- Ensuring staff are trained on hygiene and sanitation
- Empowering staff to act if they see anyone exhibiting coronavirus symptoms
- Adding signs to encourage golfers to follow sanitation practices
If you feel uncomfortable that another golfer isn’t following safety guidelines or is exhibiting signs of infection, please let a staff member know - at a safe distance, of course.