Rent a Park Building or Picnic Shelter
Park shelter buildings and picnic shelters rentals are now being accepted! Rentals are accepted six months in advance for all park shelter buildings and picnic shelters.
Park shelter building and picnic shelter reservations will be operating under the current Executive Order 21-21. Indoor and Outdoor rental use must adhere to the precautions for social gatherings on the Stay Safe Minnesota website.
- Indoor Park Shelter Building Capacity: 50 people maximum (masks required indoors until July 1)
- Outdoor Picnic Shelter Capacity: No maximum capacity limits (masks not required)
About Our Shelters
Park spaces are perfect for birthday parties, family reunions, graduations, neighborhood meetings, weddings and more.
Find your favorite place below and check availability or book up to six months in advance. Rental usage will begin approximately May 1, weather dependent.
Park Shelter Buildings
Amenities in each building include:
- Heating/air conditioning
- 2 tables
- 4 chairs
- Picnic tables
- Shade under the shelter
- Some picnic areas have a nearby grill
- Select your preferred date or range of dates to view availability.
- Skip selecting a specific time to better see available ranges.
- Narrow results by using the Facility dropdown. Select Shelter Building, Picnic Shelter and/or Arneson Acres.
- Know which parks you are interested in? Select them on the Facility dropdown.
- Hit the Search button to see what’s available.
- To reserve, you must log in to your Maxgalaxy account or create one. If you’re at the search results, scroll up that page. Create Account | Login is on the top right.
- If requesting a mobile food unit as part of your reservation, a $30 additional booking fee will be due to Parks & Recreation after your reservation has been confirmed.