Ongoing Construction Update
Demolition of the Center Ramp began in April. This will be an active construction site for more than one year. When complete in Fall 2019, this site will feature new apartment homes, new retail shops, and more than 100 stalls of indoor customer parking all centered around a series of pedestrian ways and public plazas.
Market Street Construction Update
LOOK UP AND SEE! the newly installed artwork on the east side of the east tower "Garden Quilt" by Heather Novak Peterson. The composition is inspired by the pattern of quilts woven into and over images of the Grange building nodding to Edina's history.
Construction activities for the week of Nov. 19-30
North Ramp Expansion
Here's what is scheduled for for the next two weeks:
- Completion of louver installation on north side
Now that the North Ramp is fully open, here are some of the improvements made:
Nolan Mains Construction
- New east elevator open
- Three heated lobbies and stairwells
- 546 new and refurbished stalls
- Additional handicapped stalls
- Two free EV Charging Stations for customers on second level with ChargePoint chargers
- Greenscaping with 633 vines planted on the face of the ramp
- 10,000 square feet of retail space
The building continues to take shape:
- A major concrete deck pour will occur Wednesday, Nov. 21 for the second floor of the west building
- There will not be any construction at Nolan Mains on Thursday, Nov. 22, but they will be working on Friday, Nov. 23
- CenterPoint has rescheduled gas service installation for Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, Nov. 26-28; this will occur next to the Post Office and flaggers will be on sight to direct traffic
- Employee parking begins on the east side/third level, continues to the fourth level (top level) and also available on a portion of the third level/west side
- 2019 Parking Passes will go on sale Tuesday, December 4, online and at City Hall front desk
- All employees of 50th & France businesses who choose to park in the public ramps must purchase a permit
In case of a construction related problem over the holiday weekend, please contact Frana Companies after hours contact: 612-965-9830.
The City has also created a Parking Map detailing Public Parking near 50th & France. Several public and employee parking options are available at 50th & France. Parking is also available on local streets as shown on the map.
Stay informed! Sign up for City Extra emails to ensure notification of any City emergency or road closure.
- Schedule for Monthly Construction Updates
- Construction Mitigation and Parking Management Plan, December 2017
- Parking Map