Braemar Golf Association
The goals of the BGA are to:
- Promote golfing for social and competitive purposes both within and between CEGF organized leagues and non-leagues golfers.
- Continually review and assess the status and condition of the CEGF in terms of their physical plant (both capital improvements and maintenance) and operations, and to provide counsel to the Course Manager with respect to the BGA's findings and recommendations in these areas.
- Manage all aspects of the Braemar Memorial Fund (the "Fund"), to approve projects paid for by the Fund, and to raise donations for the Fund.
- Assist the Course Manager and CEGF staff in gaining the cooperation of all golfers to care for the course, and to promote safe and prompt playing conditions.
- Present BGA findings and recommendations to the City of Edina governmental unit or individual (such as City Council, Mayor, Park Board, and Parks and Recreation Director).
- Assist the Course Manager and CEGF staff, when requested, in planning, implementing, and operating specific golf events that are inclusive of interleague and open play golfers. Such events may be for the purpose of raising funds to support maintenance, operations, or the improvement of CEGF.
- Represent all golfers at the CEGF and address their concerns.
For more information, see the BGA Bylaws.
The current BGA board members are:
President: Rick Ites (member since 2011)
Secretary: Pacy Erck (member since 2008)
Treasurer: Dick Brozic (member since 2016)
Members at large:
- Mike Meagher (member since 2007)
- Nancy Bolke (member since 2008)
- Bill Chantry (member since 2008)
- Bob Sandilla (member since 2013)
- Paige Safranski (member since 2016)
- Joe Andert (member since 2016)
- Karen Daoust (member since 2016)
The following projects were approved by the BGA and implemented over the last few years:
- Entrance Fountains - Future project
- WeatherBug weather system - 2017
- Large-screen TV for the clubhouse - 2016
- Driving Range ADA Patio - 2016
- Permanent Bar in Banquet Room - 2015
- Electronic Entrance Sign - 2015
- Club Room Furniture - 2015
- Banquet Room Sound System - 2015
Funding for the projects approved by the BGA comes from the Braemar Memorial Fund (the Fund). The BGA is responsible for raising donations for the Fund and for managing all aspects of the Fund.
The vision and mission of the Fund is to acquire funding for improvements to Braemar golf Course. The donated monies will be used to enhance the golf course with amenities that might not otherwise be affordable or views as a current necessity.