Propose an Exhibition
- Proposals may be submitted at any time to be reviewed. You will be notified of the results within 2 months of submission.
- Individuals or groups working in any medium are eligible. The Edina Art Center is open to all artists.
- Selection criteria includes; the quality of the work to be exhibited; how the work will aid in providing a diverse and exciting exhibition schedule; the potential for community enhancement and educational content will also be considered. The Exhibition Committee may suggest combining proposals into group shows if the art work complements each other.
Interested parties should submit the following material:
- Contact information; email, address, phone, website (if available).
- Cover Letter/Proposal that describes the work, 1000 words or less. (If applying for a group, include a brief description of the thread that ties the work together.)
- Artist(s) bio(s) and resume including educational, exhibition and work related experience.
- Artist statement(s).
- 10--‐20 images of the work. Images on a CD or external drive. (If applying for a group, 3-5 images per participant.)
- Image List (Submit a numbered list of the images that corresponds to the images on the CD or external drive. Includes; artist name, title, media, dimensions, sale price.)
- Stamped and self-addressed envelope for the return of your CD/external drive. (EAC is not responsible for loss or damage of submitted proposal items.)
- Not Required but Desirable: A proposal for a Workshop or Artist lecture related to the exhibition.
- Send proposals to:
- Edina Art Center, Gallery Exhibition Selection Committee
- C/o Karlee Holets
- 4701 West 64th Street
- Edina, MN 55435
- Margaret Foss Gallery- Solo, 2 person and small group shows an exhibition fee of $250 is charged. Group shows of 5 or more- $35 per person are charged.
- Tea Room Gallery- Solo, 2 person shows an exhibition fee of $50 is charged.
- Group shows of 3 or more $100 is charged.
- Exhibition Insurance is provided for Artwork in the gallery during the exhibit period.
- EAC receives a 35% commission on the sale of exhibited work. All work must be for sale in the exhibition. EAC handles all sales and requires sold work to remain in the show until it closes.
- EAC reserves the right to refuse or remove work that is different from that proposed.
- The Artist agrees to pay a 15% referral fee for sale contacts made through the Edina Art Center.
Contact: Karlee Holets at 952-903-5780 for more information.