Rights-of-Way Management

A typical right-of-way is pictured above.
A typical right-of-way is pictured above.

The City of Edina carefully manages its rights-of-ways.

Before beginning work in a right-of-way, a utility company must first:

  • Contact Engineering Technician - Water Resources Charlie Gerk at 952-826-0321 to begin the planning process. He will assist you with County section maps, as-builts of City utilities (water, sanitary and storm sewers) and other information you might require.
  • Complete the annual registration application. All registrations must be updated annually by Sept. 1.
  • Submit the annual registration, certificate of insurance and bond to:

    Engineering Technician - Water Resources Charlie Gerk
    City of Edina Engineering Department
    7450 Metro Blvd.
    Edina, MN 55439
  • City staff will process registration packets within five days and will then contact you.
  • Submit the permit application. All permit applications will require application fee paid in full prior to the issuance of a permit.
  • City staff will process the permit within three days and contact you regarding specific requirements.

Restoration must be completed per Chapter 24 Article III Sec. 24-54  of the Edina City Code.

Submit as-builts after completion of work. As-builts must be submitted in hardcopy format along with an electronic version in ArcView (shape file). These drawings must be submitted annually by Sept. 1 for all prior-year work.

As of Jan. 1, 2007, the Engineering Dept. is now receiving their Right-of-Way permits through an online application named ROWay designed by First Scribe. Visit http://www.edina.mn.roway.net/index.php to register with the City to do work within the right-of-way and submit a utility permit. You can also view the Permit Activity Map and learn about excavations in or near your neighborhood. 

Engineering Department

7450 Metro Blvd. 
Edina, MN 55439


Monday - Friday
7 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.

© 2017 City Of Edina, Minnesota