Is there a curfew for juveniles in Edina?
Yes, juveniles may not be present in any public place or business open to the public according to the following schedule:

Juveniles 15 to 17 must be out of public areas by 11 p.m. on weeknights and by midnight on Fridays and Saturdays. Twelve- to 14-year-olds must be out of public areas by 10 p.m. on weeknights and by 11 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays. Children under 12 must be out of public areas by 9 p.m. on weeknights and 10 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays.

See City Code Chapter 22, Division 2 for more information.

May I park on the street in the winter?
From Nov. 1 through March 31, all vehicles must be off the streets between 1 and 6 a.m. In addition, no vehicle may be parked in any street after a snowfall of at least 1.5 inches until the street has been plowed to its full width.

Can I get my fingerprints taken?
Fingerprinting services are available from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursdays. Bring proof of residency and/or proof of employment (for Edina Public Schools). There is a $15 fee for the first card, $5 for each additional card.
May I schedule a tour of the Police Department for my community group?
Yes, fill out the online form or just call 952-826-0494 during business hours to arrange a tour.
Are there any predatory offenders in the community, and where do they live?
Approximately 17,000 registered predatory offenders live in Minnesota as of January 2013. State Statute prohibits dissemination of most information about them, including place of residence, with the exception of Level III offenders. There are registered offenders living in Edina, but there are no Level III offenders at this time (August 2014). If a Level III offender moved in, a community notification meeting would occur and information would be put out on this website, in the Edina Sun-Current newspaper and by other methods.
For more information, contact Det. Kenna Dick at 952-826-0491. For general information about predatory offenders, see the Minnesota Department of Corrections website  and for information about noncompliant registered predatory offenders, see the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension site.
Does the City have an alarm policy?
We have no permit requirements. Alarm subscribers are assessed a fee for each false alarm to which the Police Department responds. A false alarm is defined by the responding officer as one in which an alarm was activated and the cause of the activation was not criminal activity. The fee for the first false alarm is $25; the second, third and fourth alarms in the calendar year are $110 each. The fifth and subsequent alarms in a calendar year are billed at $200. 
For other alarm questions, call Lt. Dan Conboy during business hours at 952-826-0482.
What can I do about my neighbor’s barking dog?
City Ordinance Chapter 8, Division 2, Sec. 8-241 states that a violation occurs when the animal noise happens repeatedly over at least a five-minute period of time, and there is one minute or less time lapse between each animal noise during the five minute period. If these conditions are met, call 952-826-1600, 24 hours, to report the violation. For more animal information, visit our Animal Control information.
What are the regulations about motorized scooters?
Per Minnesota State Statute 169.225, people age 12 and older may operate a motorized foot scooter on the street and are subject to all traffic laws imposed on drivers of motor vehicles. In addition, all drivers under 18 must wear a helmet and no passengers are allowed. 
Scooters may not:
  • be capable of speeds greater than 15 mph on a flat surface
  • have wheels larger than 10 inches in diameter
  • be operated on sidewalks
  • be operated after dark without a headlight and taillight
  • be operated on walking paths designated for pedestrian traffic only
  • be operated on freeways or highways
Is there a lost and found?
We do accept found property; call administration at 952-826-1610 during business hours if you lost something in Edina. Confiscated property may be claimed by contacting Property and Evidence Technician Julie Norgren for an appointment at 952-826-0473.
If I’m in a car accident, do I need to call the police?
You need to call 9-1-1 if there are any injuries or if public property is damaged in the accident. Police do not have to be called for minor property damage accidents. You are required to file a report with the State if the total damage between both vehicles exceeds $1000. The State form is available in the Police Department lobby or online.
I have questions about child car seats. Where can I get answers?
For complete and accurate information about car seats, see www.carseatsmadesimple.org/. 
Who do I call if my car has been towed?
Call Kustom Karriers at 952-938-4680.

How can I make a donation to help prevent crime in Edina?
You may contribute to the Edina Crime Prevention Fund by visiting EdinaCrimeFund.org. The Crime Fund is a non-profit, tax-exempt community organization that is operated by members of the community. The K-9 unit and Neighbors Home Watch are examples of valuable programs funded through the Crime Prevention Fund. 

For any other questions, please call 952-826-1610 during business hours Monday through Friday or email mail@EdinaMN.gov.

Police Department

4801 W. 50th Street
Edina, MN 55424

General: 952-826-1610
Emergency: 911

Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

© 2017 City Of Edina, Minnesota